Tags provide a way for your viewers to easily find, read, and know what your posts are about. Use of tags can increase activity on your website.
How to Manage and Add Tags
Access the tags page from the administrative panel to create tags for use at a later time or manage already existing tags by adding descriptions or deleting them.
Follow these four simple steps:
- Go to the Dashboard.
- On left hand side, click on Posts
- Below Posts, click on Tags
- Select Edit below the Name
This is how the Tags page should appear.
Alternatively you can also add tags directly through a post:
- Go to the Dashboard
- Click on Posts
- Select either an existing Post or click Add New
- Locate tags module to the right; scroll down
- Click Add
Things to keep in mind:
- Tags are optional
- Tags are different than categories
- Tags are used to describe your Post in more detail
- Tags are only available in Post view
- Tags may appear differently on various themes; experiment
- Using too many tags, or tags that don’t fit your posts topic could potentially defer a reader
If you wish to learn more about WordPress, be sure to checkout ClarkWP’s tutorial’s section as well as visit the official WordPress support site. Be sure to leave a comment if you are unsure about anything in this post and one of our editors will respond accordingly.