A link is a connection to another web page on or off the site. In WordPress, a link is easily made through the Visual or Text Editor.
In the Visual Editor of WordPress, type the words you wish to turn into a link first.
- Select the word(s) or image that you want your link to be.
- Click the Insert/Edit Link Button on the toolbar.
- In the dialog box, paste or type in the destination web address in the URL form.
- In the Title section of the form, type in a description or the title of the destination web page. This is required by web accessibility laws.
- Below that is a button to choose to open the link in a new window or tab. There is rarely a need for such an option, and if your site is a business site, forcing a link to open in a new tab or window without warning is a violation of the web accessibility laws. Just ignore it.
- Click Update and the link is created.
Below is an overall look at the various elements of the WordPress interface for links.
More information on Links in WordPress
- Webopedia Links – Definition
- Links — Support — WordPress.com
- Adding Links in WordPress | WordPress 101 Tutorials
- How To Find And Fix Broken WordPress Links | Elegant Themes Blog