Are you interested in becoming more involved in WordPress? There are various ways in which the extreme coding extraordinaire, or even the most amateur of bloggers, can be a part of WordPress.
What is Your Interest?
Your choices are as follows:
- WordPress Core Development – Fixing Bugs & Writing Code
- WordPress Design – Designing the Interface
- WordPress Mobile – Creating Mobile Apps
- WordPress Accessibility – Ensuring Accessibility Site-Wide
- WordPress Support – Identifying Issues
- WordPress Polyglots – Translating into Different Languages
- WordPress Documentation – Keeping Information Recent
- WordPress Themes – Reviewing & Approving New Themes
- WordPress Plugins – Reviewing New Plugins
- WordPress Community – Organizing Meetups
- WordPress Meta – Making up WordPress.org & Providing Support
- WordPress Training – Creating Training Tools
- WordPress Flow – Ensuring Proper Site Functionality
- WordPress TV – Aiding & Approving Video Production
By selecting one of the teams above, you’ll see a blog that pertains to that topic and the opportunities listed in the top portion of that post (if available):
To join the Core Team to help with the development of the site, you must start by reading the Core Contributor Handbook, and following the instructions to ensure you’re qualified to apply.
There are many options that you could contribute to any of the teams. Not only do you have the possibility of diving in and getting your hands dirty, but you can also attend weekly meetings hosted via Slack , or simply just subscribe to the posts.
Beside each recent post, there will be an option to subscribe and receive email updates each time a new post is published on that topic:
Opportunities are just a click away, depending upon how involved you’d like to be.
For More Information
- WordPress.org: Contributing to WordPress
- wpmudev.org: 10 Ways you can Contribute to WordPress Without Touching Code
- Smashing Magazine: How to Contribute to WordPress