Bob Dunn is a WordPress teacher and trainer based out of Seattle, WA. His primary teaching methods are through his website offering hourly training, Wordcamps, and the newly founded WooCommerce Conference. He also spends a majority of his time giving back to the community by offering free workshops in the Puget Sound area.
He dedicated his time to answer the following questions via email about WordPress.
Continue reading Interview with Bob Dunn, WordPress Trainer
The Huge-It Slider WordPress Plugin is a user-friendly Plugin that allows users to add unlimited images to their websites.
This could be useful if you have a website specializing in photography or a sporting event.
Features of the Huge-IT Slider
- Unlimited images
- Video Slider – YouTube & Vimeo
- Posts Slider (content slider)
- 15 different Navigation buttons
- 9 different positions for Slider Title and Description
- Auto-generated shortcode to copy and paste the slider to posts, pages , and templates.
- Can add slider in widgets from widgets admin panel
- Ability to change font size of Slider Title and Description
- Full Design Management
- Support upon request in 24 hours
Continue reading WordPress Plugin: Huge-It Slider Tutorial
PHP is a recursive acronym for Hypertext Preprocessor. Its main focus is server side scripting which is specifically suited for web developers to write dynamic pages quickly.
PHP Manual – What is PHP?
How Does PHP Work?
When someone visits your PHP webpage, your web server processes the PHP code. It then determines which parts it needs to show to visitors. This includes content and pictures and hides file operations. Then translates your PHP into HTML. After it translates into HTML, this sends the webpage to your visitor’s web browser. This means that PHP is a powerful behind the scenes scripting language that your visitor’s wont see.
Before discussing the importance of image attachments, its important to understand how they work on your site. An image attachment is defined as:
A setting used through the media library, allowing you to add an image that opens on its own page connecting to your website.
Continue reading Importance of Image Attachments in WordPress
Users can now use the WordPress Events Calendar, to find ways to connect with other WordPress fans. They also have the opportunity to learn more from developers, designers, and bloggers by attending one of many collaborative groups. Some of these event groups include: Continue reading New WordPress Community Events Calendar
Video Captioning allows the content of web audio and video to be accessible for those with disabilities. It can also be useful for those who are not fluent in a language in which the audio is presented. Video Captioning is not only essential for people to understand your content, but it’s also required by law. Continue reading Web Accessibility: Video Captioning
Tags: A group of descriptive words which provide a useful way to tell readers what a post is about. They simply make it easier for people to find your content.
WordPress Support – What Is A Tag?
Continue reading WordPress Words: Tags
BuddyPress is a powerful WordPress Plugin which enables you to customize your own social network specific to your sites needs. You can use it as a social network for a school or college, a communication tool for a business, or a focused social network for a product you’re trying to sell. This is beneficial because it enables a user to have unlimited theme options while also allowing them to add features they need to fit the site.
The basic optional components of BuddyPress include:
- Extended Profiles: Allows you an unlimited number of field types to customize user profiles accordingly to your sites purpose.
- Activity Streams: Record personal, group and site wide activities with an RSS feed.
- Member Account Settings: Users can modify their account and notification settings directly from their profiles.
- Friend Connections: Gives users the ability to add friends and accept friend requests.
- Messaging: Send and receive private emails from members in your friends list within your private messaging panel. All members have their own individual Inbox.
Continue reading What is BuddyPress?