For those who know about or are familiar to Storify, the social media tool that allows users to create timelines using social sites from gathering and customizing information in a way they want it to look on social media. There are now options to get it for WordPress.
On a self-hosted blog (WordPress.org), there are a couple options to get Storify. Those options are:
- Storify’s embed codes that are designed to work anywhere supporting HTML codes: copy and pasting the code of your
published story onto your blog post.
- If that doesn’t work, install the Storify plugin . It would make posting Storify stories much easier.
- If a WordPress theme doesn’t allow some of the Storify embed codes, find a WordPress plugin like User Role Editor that allows “unfiltered” HTML code.
How to Embed Storify in WordPress.com or WordPress Sites Without a Plugin
On a hosted site like WordPress.com, Storify embed codes or HTML by default aren’t allowed, however, you can still link to Storify posts and content with Twitter embeds, blockquotes, and screen captures, such as this example from a Storify story on WordPress security news during a major security incident a few years ago.
The screenshot example would be shown below, with a custom link around the image or before or after it to the actual news story:
Using Twitter embeds in WordPress.com, or linking manually from a self-hosted version or WordPress (or one using the Jetpack WordPress Plugin), you can simple paste in the links to the tweets, often the source of the material used on Storify such as these on the same news story.
The effect is very similar to Storify, as shown in this screenshot from the original Storify story, what an embed might look like:
Be creative and you can emulate the Storify effect.
How to Embed Storify on a Self-hosted Version of WordPress
If using the self-hosted version of WordPress, you can seamlessly embed or create Storify stories into your post using Storify plugin for WordPress VIP for WordPress.com VIP members, Storify WordPress Plugins, or use some of the other Storify WordPress Plugins.
Storify is an easy way to find, collect, and share stories to friends and family and these were options in getting it for WordPress.
For More Information on Embedding Storify in WordPress
- Storify’s new WordPress plugin lets you create stories directly from your blog – The Next Web
- What are my options for embedding Storify stories on WordPress? – Livefyre – ZenDesk
- Now you can create Storify stories from the WordPress dashboard – Storify WordPress Plugin